- Published in August 2015 in The Lancet Respiratory Medicine, this article recaps how Cuba is addressing asthma, acute respiratory infections, and chronic disease. Includes background on structure/philosophy of Cuban health system, recetn data and original sources.
- Approaches to Climate Change and Health, published in MEDICC Review (where I serve as Senior Editor), explores what Cuba is doing (and not) about this critical issue.
- The world is finally learning about Cuba's contribution to global health; this article for The Guardian details the country's Henry Reeve Disaster Brigade's efforts to confront Ebola.
- The December 17th announcement between the USA and Cuba was a wonderful, stunning surprise. I talk to Cubans of all stripes in this piece for the NY Daily News.
- Most people don't realize that in addition to old cars, Cuba teems with antique Harley-Davidsons - all pre-dating the imposition of the US embargo in the early 1960s. Here is my paean to Harlistas Cubanos in OnCuba.